Your 30 Amp RV plug is going to need to be replaced at some time. If you have a 50 amp RV plug, then the same goes for you as well. Depending on your needs, there are a few options available. However, I suggest that you save yourself some money and don’t buy an entirely new cable. You can easily replace the ends using these high quality Camco replacement plugs. In fact, compared to the plug that came stock on our RV, this plug is far superior.
If you want your plug to fit through the standard round plug storage area, or hole then you should probably go with a smaller replacement RV plug, otherwise, I would suggest trying out the bigger ones that come with a big handle for easy unplugging.
30 Amp RV plugs:
- Small Camco 55283 Male 30 AMP Mini Replacement RV Plug with PowerGrip Handle [amazon_link asins=’B007HFT034′ template=’CurrentPrice’ store=’rvmuha-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’7c17eb5f-d5e8-11e6-b04e-518c1b55161e’]
- Large Camco 55242 Male 30-Amp RV Plug with Power Grip [amazon_link asins=’B002OUMU66′ template=’CurrentPrice’ store=’rvmuha-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’863bbe9e-d5e8-11e6-9280-ed2a7eea9af8′]
- Camco 55343 30 AMP Female Replacement Receptacle [amazon_link asins=’B00192MU2Y’ template=’CurrentPrice’ store=’rvmuha-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’92118757-d5e8-11e6-9cf7-11d32d2849cd’]
50 Amp RV plugs:
- Camco 55255 50 AMP PowerGrip Replacement Plug [amazon_link asins=’B000PGVZ30′ template=’CurrentPrice’ store=’rvmuha-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’9c3cd478-d5e8-11e6-aebc-67efaef185cb’]
- Small: Camco 55353 50 AMP Female Replacement Receptacle [amazon_link asins=’B00192QB9M’ template=’CurrentPrice’ store=’rvmuha-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’a5c85f94-d5e8-11e6-bcd2-0742b688bf36′]
How to Repair a 30Amp RV Power Cord by LittleRVRentals:
As you can see from the Amazon reviews, these plugs are rated very highly! 5-stars all around and testimonials that should give you the confidence you need to make a purchase, and easily replace the plug yourself. Not to mention, the prices on Amazon are much lower than you might find in your local hardware store. As always, spend over $35 on Amazon and your shipping is free. You can’t beat that!
Good luck on your journey replacing your 30 amp rv plug, or your 50 amp rv plug. I’m sure when you’re done you’ll be recommending these to your friends.
-RV Must Haves